Call me Ebenezer Scrooge.
I woke up this morning and mulled over certain things while sipping (okay gulping…I’m not the most attractive eater in the world — ask anyone I’ve eaten with) my mocha and I realized something.
I want a lot out of this life. Perhaps even worse is that I want to keep exactly what I have right now and keep it hoarded away in the private little safe I have in my mind so I can never lose it. I shall count the wealth of my memories and relationships everyday and bathe in it. I’m rolling in dough when it comes to the things that life has given me.
And if I’m truly honest with myself, I want a lot more than I think life would be willing to give. This fact will result in a lot of hard work on my part. And with a lot of hard work often comes a lot of failure.
I’m not sure I want that, even though I’ve been told that a little failure is good for us every now and again. Think of failure like the “juice cleanse” of life. It’s not necessarily a pleasant experience since it cleans you out, but those toxins need to come out and it might as well be sooner rather than later, ya?
But right now, I’m feeling selfish so I’m going to show you a brief (promise it won’t be anymore than 5…right now!) list of the things that I want from this life.
1) I think I want to visit Tokyo. This is a new thing on the list but I was reading Keiko’s blog and I think I might want to go. It seems cool and I love Asian food. So I’m officially going to add this to my list. It may be a bit impulsive, but I’m not actually doing it so I’m pretty sure that’s okay.
2) I think that I will get blue or purple hair sometime. This one is questionable but I’m experimenting with a Cherry Coke red right now and I’ve been admiring these lovely blue-headed ladies on Pinterest for awhile. Needless to say, this one probably won’t come to pass, but it’s got to go on here since I’ve been thinking about it.
3) I will drink Irish coffee in Ireland. This one doesn’t need an explanation.
4) I want to be accepted at the University of Michigan Pharmacy PhD program. This one will take work but if I could get any wish I wanted, this would be it. It’s renowned for it’s Biology and Chemistry programs and it also happens to be my favorite college. Check out my phone case, if you don’t believe me.
5) I want to paint some of my own art for my house when I get older. Have you guys ever been to those places where you can register and they teach you how to paint with an instructor (like Wine and Canvas etc.)? I love those places and I definitely want to do more of those. I have a lot of hobbies but I hope that I eventually have time to practice my painting and drawing skills.
Those all sound manageable, do they not? I’m pretty sure I can handle these (#4
might WILL take a lot of work) but I think it can be done.
Wish me luck.